Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2007


WHY ELIZABETH?
--Lesley and I chose Elizabeth for a couple reasons;
1) In early July, we decided to begin the journey of trying to start a "family." After trying for several months, Lesley heard from God that she was pregnant with our little girl. She knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God had indeed blessed us with the opportunity to re-define the value of SLEEPING! Lesley had one EPT test in which was "confirmed" what God had already told her. However, my mind was flooded with several uncertainties. In my quest to be certain, I continued to bug Les to take another test and to ALSO go to the doctor in order to be administered some blood tests. She refused all requests to satisfy my doubts. AND I PRAISE GOD for this. Lesley did not want to dishonor Jesus any more by trying to get confirmation from human interventions but rather trust in what God had already PROMISED her. Thus, we picked, "ELIZABETH" which means, "God's Promise."
2) Elizabeth was Lesley's Grandmother's first name (Lesley never met her).

1 comment:

Pamela Fruechting said...

I never heard this story. Very cool. Such exciting times when God speaks so assuredly to us! Pam