Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Meaning in a Name

God has really been teaching Justin and I a lot over the course of this deployment.  Justin has been faithful to memorize several verses of scripture, and one that God has used in both our lives is Philippians 1:20:  "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death."  We are convinced that our lives are not meant to be lived settled and comfortable, but that we have, and will be, called to suffer for His Glory.  We want that to be the desire of our hearts.  We pray earnestly that we will have "sufficient courage" to live (or die) how God leads us. We also pray that same courage for our children, which leads to the name we plan to give our new little girl...Rylie Dawson.  Rylie means "valiant" (possessing sufficient courage).  Dawson is after Dawson Trottman, a man Justin recently read a book about.  The way he lived his life has inspired Justin in the way he wants to live.  I have not read the book, so Justin will have to fill you in more on "Dawson."  

1 comment:

Sra. Wilson said...

What an awesome name, Lesley. I love it! I can't wait to meet Rylie and am praying that Justin makes in home in time to meet her too! Eric and I are praying for your growing family. :)