Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Meal Menu and Preparation

List of easy meals I make (or have made) *regularly*:

1. Spaghetti, homemade bread, salad

2. Lasagna, homemade bread, salad

3. Enchiladas (beef), chips/salsa, rice

4. Beef stroganoff, mashed potatoes, noodles (homemade or store-bought egg), green beans

5. Taco/chili soup, fritos or chips

6. Calzones, corn or salad

7. Pizza, corn or salad

8. Enchiladas (chicken), chips/salsa, rice

9. Chicken legs-baked, baked potato, green beans

10. Chicken breasts-mayonnaise and spices, baked potato, frozen mixed veggies

11. Chicken breasts-chex or fried onion dipped, baked potato, frozen mixed veggies

*Can pretty much have ingredients for all of these on stock and ready to go without having to run to the store (if I plan and make preparations regularly).

Justin lunch list:

1. Left overs

2. Peanut butter and jelly

3. Lunch meat (peppered turkey and Monterey Jack cheese)—special lunch because I’m learning that deli meat and cheese is a bit expensive!

4. Egg Salad sandwich

Meal preparation:

1. Cook bulk beef and freeze ½ lb baggies (need for 1st 7 recipes)

2. Combine a few bags of beef with cut up pepperoni, salami, mushrooms, and cheese for calzone stuffing.

3. Cook whole chicken in crockpot and freeze in 1 cup baggies (need for chicken enchiladas). I’m thinking about doing this around thanksgiving with turkey that’s on sale and cooking in our roaster.

4. Boil eggs for eggs salad

5. If get homey enough, pre-make beans for taco soup in bulk and freeze in 1 cup baggies.

6. Cook several cups of rice and freeze in 1 cup baggies.

Girls’ lunch list:

1. Left overs for sure!

2. Peanut butter and jelly

3. Grilled cheese and tomato soup

4. Chicken nuggets

4 comments:

Unknown said...

great list, and great way to be well prepared. I keep saying I'm going to get going on this and get things pre-made for meals but with such a tiny freezer I never have room!

Unknown said...

Yes, it helps to have an extra freezer! I'm nowhere near being as prepared as I'd like, so I'm still in the process! I did just buy 20 lbs of hamburger for $20, so I'll be busy cooking that up. Miss you and praying for you, Marie:)

Courtney W. said...

I'm super impressed with your organization and planning. And even more impressed with your homemade bread and noodles! I don't know how you feel about casseroles, but my mom always used to sneak in good stuff (like vegetables we didn't like otherwise) and we would eat them that way. You might try that instead of side dishes sometimes. We have discussed getting a second freezer to cook and freeze ahead. This sounds like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Courtney! Don't be too impressed with the homemade bread...my parents let me borrow their bread machine! And when I forget ahead of time to make the bread, I just use the frozen texas toast (always available in my freezer). We inherited a freezer several years ago, and it has been great to have. I have not figured out casseroles yet, so that will be on my list of things to learn! Do you have a recipe for one that I could try?