Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

More Like Falling in Love

I'm not a writer...I'm not very creative when it comes to posting. I pretty much just put pictures of my kids with a few words to describe the occasion. But today, I felt inclined to write a little about how God has been working in my heart recently. Have you ever read Captivating? I read it about 5 years ago and it was amazing. Since then, I've all but forgotten anything it said. Well, one of my friends and I have started going through it together and I'm reading it again with new eyes, a more mature heart, and a better understanding of who God is. One thing that has stood out to me (I've only finished reading through Ch.3 so far) is that men and women were designed to bear the image of God, yet in very different ways. Women want to be loved, pursued, and desired. The book describes the many romance novels and chick flicks that are completely based on this fact. But, until reading this book, I never saw it as a reflection of God longing to be loved, pursued, and desired. God wants us to want Him, just like I want my husband to want me. It makes perfect sense: Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength. The greatest commandment! Pursue God! Know Him intimately. Give HIM your heart.

I have heard this song (Jason Gray--More Like Falling in Love) on the radio several times that seems to align with this revelation. The chorus goes like this: It's gotta be...more like falling in love, than something to believe in...more like losing my heart, than giving my allegiance...caught up, called out...come take a look at me now...it's like I'm falling, oh...it's like I'm falling in love.

Christianity is deeper than a religion. It's like "falling in love!" I love Jesus and want to desire and pursue Him all the days of my life! He WANTS me to desire and pursue Him. How could I not?

No comments: