Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

My One Domestic Tip

I see a lot of blogs out there that give tips upon tips of being a better housewife, cook, or mother. They've got all kinds of cute little projects or ideas that, quite frankly, serve to expose all the domestic qualities I DON'T HAVE! I can only read so many of them until I feel completely overwhelmed with the fact that I have no idea how these women are able to DO all those things in their home, AND have time to blog about it! I say all that to say, I have ONE thing that I feel is blog worthy to share (so you don't get overwhelmed with all my tips and ideas;-) that has helped me out a ton in my domestic duties...browning a bunch of hamburger and then bagging it up in 0.5 -1.0 pound baggies to freeze until needed. All I have to do when I get home at 5:00 is stick a bag in the microwave for a minute to defrost, and it's ready to go for enchiladas or spaghetti or pizza, or whatever. I don't encourage you to continue looking back here for any more fantastic homely ideas--this is the only one I've got!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've done this before too! Such a great time saving idea!! I agree with you on all those blogs though, I get very overwhelmed and then feel like a horrible mom/wife.

Sara Brown said...

I take that a step further. I go ahead and make taco meat---usually about 4 pounds at once---then freeze the extra, already seasoned and ready to heat for tacos. I also do sloppy joes, enchilada filling, goulash meat, and ground sausage. Just doubling any recipe that you make regularly that can be frozen (meatloaf, lasagna, chimichangas, etc.) cuts all kinds of time out of your busy nights.