Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My 30th Birthday

I turned 30 two days ago on Thursday, Nov. 17th. I had a great two days of celebrating. I think after 10 years together, Justin has finally come to terms with the things that I would enjoy in celebrating such a "special" day. You see, Justin LOVES to celebrate and he will celebrate by making a big deal and a big production. I LOVE this about him. If you've ever been to one of our kids' birthday parties or witnessed our engagement, or ever just been to a party where Justin is involved, then you've experienced some of his great energy and excitement. It's great!

Me, on the other hand, enjoy a much more laid back type of celebration. And guess what? Justin followed through without making my birthday a big production...and I LOVED IT! On Thursday, we got to eat dinner with our best friend, David, eat cake and watch a movie at home. It was nice and relaxing. Then, last night, we got to go out on a nice date with two of my brothers and their wives-without kids!-and we had a blast! PF Chang's and a movie! We haven't gotten to all go out together without kids for a LONG TIME. I LOVED IT.

Guess what movie we saw? We finally got to see "Courageous." And, oh my goodness, you just don't stop crying! They packed a lot of emotion into that movie. If you haven't seen it, you need to go see it! It is one of the best you'll see. And, the best part of my birthday is really the best part of my life...I have a husband and my children have a father that is "courageous." I kept thinking that during the whole movie--Justin lives up to being the leader of our family that the movie is challenging men to be. He loves God more than anything and that flows into loving and cherishing his family. I will follow him anywhere, because I know he is following God anywhere. I know that I can trust Justin because he trusts in his Savior, Jesus Christ. That is the BEST birthday present ever. I thank God everyday for giving me this man of courage. Thanks for a great birthday, Justin!

No comments: