Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Have you ever read the book on love languages? Are you married to someone that "speaks" a completely different love language than you? Just like pretty much everything else, Justin and I are complete opposites when it comes to expressing love. Giving and getting gifts is one of Justin's top love languages, but gifts are not even on my radar. Even so, Justin usually buys me something for Mother's Day. But, I think this year, Justin finally got me the right thing...quality time:) He took us girls to breakfast, then to visit his mother (A wonderful mother-in-law. I can't relate to people who don't have a good relationship with their in-laws), and then a trip to the zoo. I'm so excited that I actually get to be in some of these pictures! Most of the time I'm the one behind the camera.

Justin got a little fancy with his photography! These first three pics were taken in front of our beautiful willow tree in the front yard.


There was a long line to get into the zoo. While we waited, a young girl in front of us offered Jordan and Rylie each a quarter to feed the fish. Such a sweetie!
We moved much faster through the zoo with daddy carrying the girls on his shoulders.

Look, I'm in another picture! This is on the boardwalk above the bison. This is the part of the zoo where I used to be a keeper. Such good memories!

Sitting down to eat some lunch. Rylie put her arm around Jordan and I HAD to get a picture. This is a rare sweet sister moment! I should add that it's rare for Rylie to be the affectionate sister.

No comments: