Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rylie at Two



Happy 2nd Birthday to my baby girl! Rylie, you have been a source of joy and happiness in our family since the day that you were born! We are so blessed to get to be your parents. We pray that you will soon know the true source of joy by one day asking Jesus into your heart. Here are some things that I want to remember about you at age two:

*You are more attached than ever to your blanket. Now you insist on sleeping with your baby, too.
*You still suck on your two middle fingers when you are relaxing or sleeping.
*You LOVE to have fun! We predicted your orneriness a long time ago, and you haven't let us down!
*Did I mention that you love babies? You especially love to push them around in the stroller.
*You are at the stage of wanting to do everything yourself. Right now, with anything that buckles (like your car seat), you say, "I do it! I do it! I do it!"
*You like to sleep in much later than your sister. It takes you a LONG time to fully wake up and be ready for the day. Sometimes, when you think I'm coming into your room too early, you yell, "no, no, no!" because you'd rather just lay in bed for a while! You also love to keep your pajamas on and get upset when I have to take them off to get you dressed in the mornings.
*You are very much into movies. You grab your cup, blanket, and baby and climb on the couch and say, "watch movie, watch movie."
*You are getting good at playing hide and seek with your sister. You find a little hiding spot (often where mommy or Jordan are hiding!) and sit so still and quiet until you are found, and then you shriek with joy!
*You talk ALL THE TIME! You can say pretty much any word, but we're not always good at understanding your dialect:)
*You have not started potty training yet, though a couple of times you've asked to sit on the toilet to go poopy. Instead, you tooted and thought that was hilarious!
*You are a problem-solver and, unlike your sister, will try anything without fear of failing or messing up.
*You LOVE your big sister. You would follow Jordan anywhere or do anything she does. But, you also have a mind of your own and stick up for yourself very well.
*You practice, over and over and over, jumping off things, like the bottom step. It's so cute to watch you do it. You say, "I dumping, I dumping!...I did it! I did it!"
*You are still a mommy's girl! You're at a stage where you are very attached to me, so I'm glad it's summer so I can spend all the time I want with you!

2 comments:

Courtney W. said...

What a cute 2 year old you have with such a fun personality! Thanks for sharing these tidbits with us. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Courtney! Pretty soon you'll be leaving blog posts like this:)