Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What we've been up to lately:

The girls and I are sure enjoying this stay-at-home-mom thing. I count my blessings everyday that Justin works so hard to provide for us so that I can stay at home. Just thinking about what it's like to be stressed about starting work right now and taking care of the kids, husband, and home is overwhelming. Justin is really going to like (hopefully he does already) his wife in this new, stress-free condition!

My parents let me borrow their bread machine. I like homemade bread, but learned that it's too time consuming:) But this machine is a little gem. Just put in the ingredients and leave it alone. Can't get better than that! I'll have to start learning how to make some other recipes than plain white bread, though plain white bread is pretty delicious.

Next, I'm working on preparing crafts for Jordan's birthday. She wants a princess party, so the crafts are going to be princess wands (all different shapes for the kids to choose from--frogs for the boys that may come) and princess crowns (or prince crowns). I'm working on making some party decorations in the form of a castle. We'll see how that goes:) I really wanted to do a dirt cake with gummy worms. So, to tie that into princess theme, I'm going to make dirt cups/pots with a candy flower sticking out. The gummy worms actually go with the theme of the week...

...WORMS! We went to Gander Mountain on Monday and bought a box of night crawlers for our theme this week. We went outside and dug in the dirt and found leaves for our worm habitat, then counted the worms as we transferred them into their new home. We counted 23. After a couple of days, they have already started digging their tunnels. Along with the science part (pretty sure our lessons will be heavy on science), the letter W is being reinforced as we practice writing W and thinking of other words that start with W. We plan to do a craft of worm painting later this week.

No comments: