Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fence Building

I told you Justin gets things done! He built a fence today. For our neighbors. They have dogs. A mean, nasty dog. It broke through the fence. Neighbors wouldn't fix it. So we're fixing it.

It's really easy for me to get pretty upset about this whole situation. Anyone else have neighbors that they just can't seem to connect with? We've tried several times to build a relationship with them, but they don't respond positively to our efforts. They have two little kids that Jordan sees playing outside and will talk to over the fence, but she never gets to actually play with them. I don't think it's normal to have neighbor kids that you can't play with.

Anyway, in an effort to not be total enemies with them, we didn't demand they fix the fence or get rid of the dogs (which we could have done with a simple phone call to animal control). They claim that they can't afford to build a new fence, so Justin made a deal with the man that we would pay for it and build it if he would get rid of the old wood and help build it with Justin. Well, guess who didn't hold up their end of the deal. Do you see anyone else helping in the pictures? I don't either.

See how it's hard for me not to get upset? Extending grace when all you want is justice is a hard thing to do. It's a good reminder, though, of what God does for me and you everyday. He extends grace to us, when we deserve justice. Thank You Jesus, that we don't get what we deserve. Thanks You Jesus, that you give grace. I can forgive because Christ forgave me.

No comments: