Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Flashback Friday

I added a couple of photos of my friends from back in the day:)


Last week I showed you some pictures of one of my bottle calves. I had many other animals as well. My parents spoiled me with the things that I loved...good thing they loved animals too!
We always had cats and dogs. Here's a cute little kitten. You can even see one of my rabbit cages in the back ground. I think I even showed that cat (and the rabbits) through 4-H at the county fair. Ah, 4-H and the fair...the makings of another post:)
One of our first baby goats. She was our favorite, acted more like a dog than a goat:) Showed her every year, too. Mom, do you remember her name?
You know how every little girl wants a pony? Well, I actually got one for my 10th birthday. His name was Sammy. A little ornery shetland pony.
A couple years later I got this horse, named Midnight. My mom claimed animals (like this one) but I pretty much took them over. He was the BEST horse. My friend Melissa, who is the one riding the horse, and her mom used to come pick me and Midnight up in their trailer and we'd go to a trail somewhere and ride together. It was fun. I spent less and less time with Midnight as I got into high school and got super busy, but I spent most of my jr. high summer days riding him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really enjoying your Friday posts. It is so fun to see the "old" Lesley that made you the Lesley you are today! I'm surprised you don't have any animals now!

Unknown said...

I know, right?! It's not as easy to take care of an animal in the city--it's a lot of work! Plus, I have a husband and a certain little girl that don't exactly like animals! I did have a rabbit up until last winter, though:)