Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fun for the kids

I have not been good about letting the kids be creative and crafty lately. When the mess is added on to the everyday things to do and clean, it is just too overwhelming. I don't like being that way, so this week I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I had to make lunch and clean up afterwards anyway, so I had the kids help me make it. I'm sure most of you actually do this on a regular basis (which I plan to start doing at least once a week), but I am not good about letting the girls help me cook either.

I decided to tweak a recipe my friend Alisha gave me called BBQ biscuits (from her "Four Ingredient Cookbook--which, by the way, I need to return to her. Thanks for letting me use it!). Instead of the BBQ filling, I used pizza topping for the filling. A package of Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits was used as the "pizza dough". Because they're so thick, I divided each one in half to make two thinner biscuits. I pressed each one into a greased muffin tin, then added a spoonful of pizza sauce on top. Then, I let the girls put on whatever toppings they wanted. I used what I had available: shredded cheese, diced pepperoni, real bacon bits, and pineapple. The pineapple was for my mini pizzas:) Let me tell you, they turned out delicious! At least mine did...if you like pineapple and bacon pizza!



I've seen the "I Spy" bottles around the internet for a while and decided to make one for the girls. I didn't have a bottle, so I used a baggy instead. Works just fine. I put in a bunch of rice and then little trinkets I found around the house. I took a picture of the little trinkets before adding them to the bag, so the girls would know what to look for. I laminated the picture so they can cross off each item as they find it with a dry erase marker. It kept Jordan busy for a while. I may use it on a car ride sometime.


I found these adorable Build Your Own Cupcake printables on pinterest and made the girls a set. Jordan had fun building her cupcakes after nap today.


No comments: