Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Bo is Three Months Old Today

I can't believe it's been three months since I was in the hospital delivering this bundle of joy. Remember my delivery story? Did I tell you that at my follow-up appointment with my doctor, he said he had never had a situation in which the placenta got stuck like it did with me? He's been delivering babies since the early 70's, and I got to be his first patient that has a placenta get stuck! He said he was about to send me to surgery if it hadn't come out when it did. I guess if that's the worst I had to go through, then I am pretty blessed:)

Here you are at three months sweet boy...
At three months, you are smiling all the time. You even do a lot of cooing and squealing, that soon will become giggles. I can't wait!


You are not great at holding your head up, as you can tell from the pictures below. Your mommy needs to be a little better about giving you time on your tummy so you can practice that skill. Sorry about that. It will be my fault if you are delayed in that area.

You are finishing up your size 1 diapers and have moved onto size 2...more to help hold the explosions in your diaper than because you've out grown the size. The bigger diapers are also nice for the night time, as you have stopped pooping all the time and I don't have to change you in the middle of the night:)

Since we're talking about the middle of the night, you might like to know that you are completely unpredictable as to when you will wake up. For a while, you were only waking up once a night, somewhere between 1:00 and 3:00. Lately, though, you've decided that you like eating more often, like every 3 hours. I don't think I like that decision, but I'll deal with it, especially when I get to see your sweet, smiling face.

I am basically forcing you to suck on a pacifier so that those fingers stay out of your mouth. I don't think your sister will ever stop sucking her fingers and I don't want you to have that addiction.

I think you are growing at the right pace. You are right in the middle of 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes.

We transformed the toy room into your room, but you are not sleeping in it yet because you are not sleeping through the night. I'm hoping that will happen sooner rather than later:) So, your *nursery* is still in the living room.

No comments: