Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Window Light Fan

I'm becoming a fan of window light.  I still haven't learned how to take decent pictures with indoor light while using the manual mode, so this is how I can take pictures inside.  I have one good window on the north side of the house that works out okay. 

I wanted to share with you the first thing I learned about shooting in manual mode:  it doesn't mean that I have to use manual focus!  Shooting manually just means that YOU control the exposure, not the camera.  The camera can still focus for you...that was good for me to know.  If you want to focus manually, go ahead, but it's not required.  And, before I got this book, I didn't even know what exposure was, let alone how to control it.  It turns out that it's fairly simple.  I recommend checking it out.  

If you're wondering why I always take pictures of Bo, it's because he's the only one that will hold still for me!
I wish I had a little bit better angle on this one because his cheeks are a little distorted.


I like the dramatic look of this one.


Baby Sneeze!


This one has the same black and white settings as the ones above, but the lighter background makes all the difference.

1 comment:

Courtney W. said...

Love the sneeze picture! Perfect timing!