Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Experimenting with window light

While the kids and I were in Iowa this past week, I did a little photography shoot in my old bedroom to try and practice using window light. There are two windows to the west, and one on the north side of the bedroom. These pictures were taken when the sun was in the west (later in the day), and the "shoot" was done in front of a west window. If I'm in the picture, I used the 10 second timer. I learned, though, that when I pushed the shutter release, the camera focused on the door, so we are not in complete focus.

We never finished painting this side of my bedroom door.
I found it to be a cute little rustic background:)


This little chair was my dad's when he was little.

Like the color of my walls and woodwork? Yep, I picked that out when I was 11 or 12.


These last two were taken on a different day, at a different time of the day (around 1:00 or 2:00, I think). You can tell the difference in the light.

1 comment:

Courtney W. said...

Great pictures! Cute subject, too. :)